My name is Benjamin Symonds, I'm currently part of the BA Illustration course at AUCB.

What you see on here is a mix of my work and other peoples that I admire/take inspiration from & not just illustrators... work from all areas of art. I'm also using this blog as a digital sketchbook for course assesment etc.

Note. Click on any image to see it in full.

Monday 26 April 2010

Collabaration with imfinethankyou! (Hüseyin Yilmaz)

Third set of illustrations created partialy using photography courtesy of Hüseyin Yilmaz (aka imfinethankyou).

His photographs were originaly published in issue 25 of Fan the Fire Magazine.

Click here to have a look.  (Pages 56-65).

He has kindly given me permission to use his photography however I see fit!

If you want to see more of his work have a look here at his online portfolio.





Above I tried to create a contrast between nature and planes but couldn't really get the text to work in sync with the imagery. 



I became abit fed up with the topic and started creating blunt illustrations around the slogan “FUCK PLANES”, I'm pleased with the outcome visually but felt they lacked depth in getting across a specific message.